If you can not activate your SIM:
- Ness SIM accounts are intended for use with selected Ness products for SELF-monitored security, central monitored systems and medical monitoring purposes only.
- This cost does not include back to base monitoring.
- Any device other than a Mezzo or Mezzo Guardian, a retail payment (PayPal) will be charged at $5.90 per month.
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- This includes the calls to a control room (ContactID) and SMS to mobile numbers. There are no additional payments.
- Normally there are very few calls or SMS made to a control room. We do monitor our sim cards and if we detect abnormal or hijack on the sim card, we will email and advise you in case you don’t know the system has an error so you can fix the issue. More details on our Sim Conditions of Use.
- If you also choose a panel that includes our sim cards, then the panel will be locked to that sim card and you won’t be able to use your own.
- If you like to use your own sim card, then you need to purchase the unlocked version of the panel and you can use your own sim card. (xCel panels without sim are the unlocked panels)
- Fair Use restrictions may be applied in the event of excessive or abnormal usage patterns such as that caused by a fault condition, a runaway device or a ‘hijacked’ device.
- Ness will alert the customer to abnormal use or activity by email or by phone using the contact details provided at the time of activation. If the fault condition persists and/or the customer cannot be contacted Ness reserves the right to suspend the SIM service to prevent network congestion or flooding of the recipient’s phone with excessive calls or SMS messages.
- A suspended service will be re-activated as soon as possible once Ness determines that the network or customer equipment fault/s have been rectified.
Should you wish to cancel the sim:
Should you wish to cancel a Sim Card, please follow the steps here: Cancellations
Possible browser issues:
There are some instances where you may have some issues with the browser. Please try the following:
1 – Try a different browser – the site works the best with Google Chrome, but other browsers that are up to date will work as well.
2 – Clear the cache of the browser. This is different for every browser, please google how to clear the cache of your particular browser.
Help with PayPal:
Change PayPal Payment Method:
How to change payment methods in PayPal subscriptions:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to the little gear in the top right corner next to logout.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage Automatic Payments.
- Click Ness Corporation.
- Where it says “Online and in-app payment method”, Click “Bank Account or Card on File“.
- Select the payment method you’d like to use.
This will update the payment method from the next payment onwards.
If you have only just set up a PayPal account:
PayPal will send you an email saying something like: you need to verify your payment type.
PayPal on their website explains that they will charge $2.00 AUD to your card and this allows PayPal to send you a code on your card statement. The charge will be refunded to your card once the card is confirmed or if the 4-digit code is left unused for 75 days. This may take up to 30 days to appear on the card statement.
The PayPal code is displayed on your card statement next to the charge of $2 AUD. In the item description section, you will see it next to the word “PayPal.” For example, if you see PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE on your statement, then “1234” is your code. Please allow 2 to 4 business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail.
Once you’ve got a code, you verify the credit card in PayPal and can then try to re-activate your SIM card.