What is your personal information?
Why do we collect personal information?
We need to collect some personal details from you to provide you with our services and products. Without collecting your identifying information when you join us, we’re not allowed by law to provide you with the products and services you want. After you join, we may also need to collect additional personal information to manage your account and continue to provide you with our services and products.
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on whether you are a customer, job applicant or a member of the public. It may include:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details.
- Your bank account and credit card details.
- Details of products and services we’ve supplied you or you’ve asked about.
- Details needed to deliver those products and services or answer your questions.
Information about how you use our products and services
We may collect the below:
- Phone numbers that you call or send messages to.
- Phone numbers that you receive calls and messages from.
- The date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive with us. Also, your location at the time of these calls and messages.
- The level of service you receive. This may include details of network faults or events which may affect our services.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information if you do any of the below:
- Provide information to us in account application forms or service enquiry forms.
- Provide information to us when you buy products or services from our website.
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
We may also collect information in different ways. We will take all reasonable steps to let you know if we do.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information and usage information in the ways set out below:
- Providing you with products and services. This might include extra services not in your agreement with us. These services may tell us about where you are when using your device.
- Contacting you with messages about changes to our products or services.
- Generating bills, managing your account, and carrying out debt-recovery.
- Processing orders or applications to become a customer.
- Dealing with questions, complaints and other customer care activities.
- Development of our products and services.
- Identifying your location so we can send you emergency alerts.
- Protecting our network and managing the data use, volume of calls, TXTs and other uses of our network. For example, we identify peak periods of use so our network can better handle the volume at those times.
- Conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution.
- Training our staff.